The 55th Biennial Convocation will take place
July 29 through August 2, 2020
at the New Orleans Marriott in New Orleans
Pack your bags for the 2020 Convocation in New Orleans! Join your fellow brothers July 29 through August 2, 2020 for a week full of networking, fun events, and good times. This is a celebration of Sigma Pi you won’t want to miss.
Things To Do and Sites To See in New Orleans
Highlights from the 54th Biennial Convocation
- Tourism Information
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
- Hotel and Conference Venue Information
The 55th Biennial Convocation will take place at the New Orleans Marriott, located at 555 Canal Street in New Orleans. The hotel is located approximately 15 miles from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY). Click here for Maps, Directions, Transportation, and Parking Options.
Convocation will be held at the Marriott’s conference venue.
Call for Candidates
Call for Candidates
Grand Sage Joseph Palazzolo (Monmouth ‘00) appointed Kevin Carey (Illinois Wesleyan ‘09) as the Chairman of the Elections Board. Carey will be responsible for overseeing the elections process as defined by Bylaw 6.
The Elections Board, a standing committee of the Grand Chapter, is charged with supervision of Grand Chapter Elections and enforcement of the policies and procedures for elections described in this bylaw. The Grand Sage will appoint a new Chairman each biennium, and at least two other members, no less than 120 days prior to the Biennial Convocation.
Candidates seeking election to the Grand Council will submit a candidate filing, as defined by the Elections Board, prior to the Convocation. The filing must meet the following requirements:
- All required submissions must be received by the Elections Board by January 15 before the Convocation.
- Candidates will declare their intention to be considered for election and should detail their qualifications to serve.
- Candidates must fully disclose in writing any financial interests or any involvement in the Grand Chapter or a subordinate body’s holdings which may create a conflict of interest. Failure to disclose a potential conflict of interest, which is later deemed to be material, is grounds for expulsion as a Grand Council Member as provided in the Fraternity’s Constitution.
- Candidates will provide the Elections Board with written consent for the Fraternity to conduct a background and criminal records check.
- Candidates agree that, if elected, they will not serve in any other capacity for the Fraternity including service as a Chapter Director, Province Archon, or member of an Alumni Advisory Board.
- Please refer to the Constitution and Bylaws of Sigma Pi Fraternity for all other requirements and expectations of board members.
The Elections Board, upon the filing deadline, will provide to the Executive Office the candidate filings which shall then be posted on the same day to the Fraternity’s member-secure website. The same shall also be included in the Convocation materials distributed to Delegates at the Convocation.
The Elections Board will review the results of the background check and will bring potentially exclusionary issues to the attention of the Grand Chapter, but the Elections Board will not exclude any candidate who has met the filing requirements above.
At the Convocation, there will be an opportunity to formally learn and hear more about the candidates running for the Grand Council.
If there are any questions, please contact Kevin Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on how to apply visit sigmapi.org/convocation.