The 55th Biennial Convocation will take place
July 29 through August 2, 2020
at the New Orleans Marriott in New Orleans
Pack your bags for the 2020 Convocation in New Orleans! Join your fellow brothers July 29 through August 2, 2020 for a week full of networking, fun events, and good times. This is a celebration of Sigma Pi you won’t want to miss.
Things To Do and Sites To See in New Orleans
Highlights from the 54th Biennial Convocation
- Tourism Information
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
- Hotel and Conference Venue Information
The 55th Biennial Convocation will take place at the New Orleans Marriott, located at 555 Canal Street in New Orleans. The hotel is located approximately 15 miles from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY). Click here for Maps, Directions, Transportation, and Parking Options.
Convocation will be held at the Marriott’s conference venue.
Candidates for Grand Council
- Announcement of Candidates
The call for candidates to serve as the Grand Sage or Director-at-Large for the Grand Council was announced on November 15th, with applications due on January 15th. Below are the names of individuals who have announced their candidacy and were approved by the Elections Board per the Constitution and Bylaws of Sigma Pi Fraternity, International.
- List of Candidates
Grand Sage Candidates
Directors at Large Candidates
Robert Pankau III
- More Information
To read more about each candidate, you can login to MySigmaPi and access their profiles. An opportunity to meet and hear from the candidates will occur at Convocation in New Orleans.
Below is information regarding procedures, policies, and rulings regarding elections made by the Elections Board and the Constitution & Bylaws Committee in consultation with the Governance Officers. Please refer to the Bylaws of Sigma Pi Fraternity, International, Section 6 for more information.
- For election to Grand Sage, a majority of all votes cast shall be necessary.
- For election as Director-at-Large, each delegate shall cast a Ranked-Choice Vote for the Candidates. The votes shall be calculated using the Single Transferable Vote method.
- All members of the Grand Council shall be elected by ballot and no vote shall be counted for a name not reported by the Elections Board.
- The outgoing Grand Sage automatically becomes the Past Grand Sage and a member of the Grand Council for the ensuing biennium.
- As noted above, the Worthy Grand Sage is seeking a second term as the Grand Sage. Therefore, we will begin the process with the election of the Grand Sage and Directors at Large. Under Article 5, Section 3 of the Constitution, Grand Council members serve until their successors are elected, or appointed and installed. Therefore, Past Grand Sage Steve Lawler will continue to serve in this role.
- If the Past Grand Sage chooses not to serve in this role, in Article V, Section 2 of the Constitution, vacancies are filled by the Grand Council through a majority vote.
- In this scenario, a list of eligible Past Grand Sage candidates will be provided to the Grand Council.
- Any Grand Council Member of this Fraternity may be suspended or removed by the Grand Council for insubordination, malfeasance, or neglect of duty. Vacancies occurring on the Grand Council shall be filled by a majority vote of the entire Grand Council.