Mid-Year Leadership Conference
Recap of the 2022 Mid-Year Leadership Experience
This January, 11-13, Sigma Pi hosted its second ever Virtual Mid-Year Leadership Conference. Over 300 members, Sages, 2Cs, 3Cs, 4Cs, 1Cs, Heralds, and NMEs along with Volunteers and Alumni, representing over 78 chapters from across the country were able to gather for the three day event. Speakers from both in and out of the industry joined Sigma Pi throughout the week delivering sessions and curriculum to assist each attendee in their respective role as they continue to grow as leaders both within and outside their chapters. Those speakers and facilitators throughout the week included:
- Jack Lazar (Santa Clara ’85) – Audit Committee Chair, Resideo (Former GoPro CFO)
- Nelson Farris (Cal State Long Beach ’63) – Senior Director, Nike Inc.
- Jonathan Frost (UMSL ’99) – CEO, Sigma Pi Fraternity
- Dr. Jay Morgan (Murray State ‘85) – President, Morehead State University
- Grand Sage Joe Palazzolo Ed.D (Monmouth ’00) – Instructor, Monmouth University
- Grand Herald Paul Wydra (UMSL ’96) – Director, Development Initiatives
- Jeff Cline (North Carolina State ’85) – Vice President, Quality, Gexpro Services
- Matt Johnson (Saginaw Valley State ’00) – Associate Professor, Central Michigan University
- Ryan Post (Valparaiso ’09) – Senior Engineer, Whirlpool Corporation
- Kevin Carey (Illinois Wesleyan ‘09) – Associate Dean of Students, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Matt Kuhn (Embry-Riddle Daytona Beach ’88) – Chief Technology Officer, Thompson School District
- Mike Long (Oakland ‘03) – Senior Labor Relations Consultant, Trinity Health
- Paul Ke (Purdue ’88) – Enterprise Architect, Mastercard
- Quentin Groce (Grand Valley ’06) – Marketing and Advertising Strategy Consultant, MLive Media Group
- Todd Griffin (East Carolina ’90) – Director, Business Development , WIS International
- Chris Carter (Middle Tennessee ’08) – Director of Marketing and Communications, Sigma Pi
- Scott Quinlan (Fairmont State ‘95) – Director of Chapter Support, Sigma Pi
- Alexander Pettigrew (Indiana of Pennsylvania ‘15) – Director of Education and Programs, Sigma Pi
- Rod Barleen ( – Executive Vice President, Pennington & Company
- Jennifer Riso ( – Attorney, Cokinos Law
- Micah Kamrass ( – Attorney, Manley Burke
- Colin Nelson-Pinkston ( – Account Executive, TechniPhi
- Casey Richard ( – Growth Systems Coach, Phired Up
- Heather McLeod ( – Director of Client Services, OmegaFi
- Lauren Morgan ( – Professional Services Specialist, OmegaFi
While Sigma Pi was joined by a long list of talented individuals and professionals the event was also able to occur thanks to generous donations from Alan Boehme (Cal State Long Beach ‘78), PGS Ed Levesque (Bridgewater State ‘89), PGS Steve Lawler (Iowa ‘78), GTC Justin Todoroff (Cal State Long Beach ‘01), Jonathan Frost (UMSL ‘99), Doug Gold (Santa Clara ‘88), and Andrew Salas (Cal State Long Beach ‘74).
Sigma Pi will continue to evaluate its ability to leverage the delivery of its leadership education and training moving forward in the virtual manner it was delivered again this year.
- Photos from Past MYLC Events
Check out photos from the past MYLC events online at THIS LINK.