What We Stand For
To advance man’s quest for excellence
Our men will strive for excellence by living our core values.
Our Core Values
Develop character and leadership
Advance heightened moral awareness
Enable academic achievement
Ideals Of Sigma Pi
These constitute the underlying reason for the Fraternity’s rise, development, and continued existence, are plainly set forth in the Constitution, and are in essence as follows:
- To establish a brotherhood.
- To establish and maintain an aristocracy of learning.
- To raise the standards of morality and develop character.
- To diffuse culture and encourage chivalry.
- To promote the spirit of civic righteousness and quicken the national conscience.
I believe in Sigma Pi, a Fellowship of kindred minds, united in Brotherhood to advance Truth and Justice, to promote Scholarship, to encourage Chivalry, to diffuse Culture, and to develop Character, in the Service of God and Man; and I will strive to make real the Fraternity’s ideals in my own daily life.
The Ten Obligations Of Membership
- Give Proper Attention To The Interests Of Sigma Pi.
- Regard The Fraternity With Spirit Of Sincerity And Respect And Give Earnest Consideration To Its Teachings And Ideals.
- Meet Financial Obligations Promptly And Fully.
- Cheerfully Perform Tasks That May Be Assigned For The Good Of The Fraternity.
- At All Times Be A Gentleman And Use Moderation In All Things.
- Strive At All Times To Cooperate For The Good Of The Fraternity.
- Work Diligently To Maintain Good Scholarship.
- Participate In Worthy College Activities.
- Profit By Associations With Men In Spirit Of Fraternalism.
- Be An Exemplary Sigma Pi And Citizen.