Job Title: Director of Finance
Reports to: Executive Director / CEO
To provide the board of directors and the organization management team with accurate and relevant financial data necessary for budgetary and financial decisions. To oversee the efficient and timely performance of the accounting department. The position is at the Executive Office in Brentwood, Tennessee (just outside Nashville).
- Directs the financial affairs of the Fraternity within the scope of responsibility as delegated by the Executive Director.
- Directly supervises and coordinates activities of Accounts Receivable & Operations Specialist, ensuring that standard accounting principles are followed in keeping the Fraternity’s financial records.
- Establishes and maintains financial objectives and policies.
- Works with department supervisors to draw up annual budgets and projections.
- Works with director and board of directors to establish long-range priorities for operations and capital expenditures for the Fraternity.
- Responsible for accurate and timely cash flow projections, Balance Sheet and Income Statements, Bank Reconciliations, and other reports as required for internal management and government agencies on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments.
- Accounts Payable and Payroll functions.
- Operational expense reduction.
MINIMIUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- A minimum of five years of accounting experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of accepted accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience with budget preparation and financial management.
- Strong knowledge of guidelines for nonprofit organizations.
- Knowledge of accounting guidelines.
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
Please submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three references to Michael R. Ayalon, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Michael R. Ayalon
Sigma Pi Fraternity, International Inc.
Post Office Box 1897
Brentwood, TN 37024